Friday, March 2, 2012

Fast, Easy Corner Bookmark Thank you cards.

Good Morning Bloggers - here is another idea I came across while watching you tube videos. - There 's everything on there!!
I liked this idea because by forming a series of easy 1,2,3,  folds you will turn a square piece of patterned paper into a corner bookmark.  I have made a video and will upload that (via You Tube) after posting these photos.
I did 40 of these for our church ladies group for invitations to their monthly meeting with the added bonus of having the bookmark s a little gift from me.
Leave me a comment, your photos of finished bookmarks or questions.  Have fun creating!!
                                                                                                                               Blessings on your day!

Here is the finished corner without embellishments.
Start by folding a square of paper (6X6) desired Patterned side down.
Fold 1) Bottom to top  and 2) Right to left.  3) open all folds.
4) fold a diagonal fold (Top, right hand corner) in towards the centre (where all fold score lines meet)
5) Fold over the right side of the patterned paper to the left
(you now have a rectangle with the one diagonal fold at the top front).
6) Fold the bottom left hand corner (both piece of rectangle) up toward the outside edge,
along the bottom edge of first diagonal fold.
7) Fold the bottom diagonal fold up over the top  (#4) diagonal fold and tuck it INTO the top
diagonal fold and you should have something like what  you see above.
I used a digital freebie from Gina K  printed on Card Stock via my printer.
Using the Cricut cartridge from Close To My Heart, I chose the  straight oval at 2" and scalloped oval 2.25",
then I adhered those two together and adhered that unto the folded portion of the Bookmark.
This will allow the top portion of the oval to extend above your book pages.
Using a 3.50" square of cardstock , I stamped my image first then using Martha Stewart corner punch,
I punched out  3 sides of the square.  I Positioned the bookmark unto the stamped square and  Flipped  it over.
Using the edges of the bookmark as a guide -
I adhered adhesive to the side and bottom edge that are exposed.
(If you adhere the other sides you will not be able to slide your bookmark off the square).
Place the stamped square with the bookmark in place to the front of your card.
Here I added a little bling to the centre of my daisy/butterfly stamped image.
This is one I did for my CTMH rep. Audrey Cando as a thank you.
I added another step by adding little dots to each oval scallop using a opaque white glaze pen .
I coloured this little scrapper stamp ScrapFest gave as a Freebie in Oshawa 2010.
with Premium Pencils outlining the image first then shaded in the outlined areas
using mineral spirits to pull the colour from the outlined edges.
Here is what the Corner Bookmark looks like when in use!
Audrey's info is showing but I am sure she won't mind - if you'd like any
Close To My Heart products - she is very helpful and courteous.

Click this link to view my  Corner Bookmark Video




Here is something else I have been playing with. Stick Pins from Michaels and Beads.
If you decide to make these for card embellishments, etc. remember to glue them unto the pin
with Glossy Essentials or a clear drying liquid adhesive.  Blessings!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.

Thank you for dropping by.
I trust you enjoyed viewing what I have been up to lately....Have a Blessed day!