Monday, October 7, 2013

Book Mark card using Our Daily Bread stamps.



This is a card I made for a ODBD challenge using their stamp set. I wanted to make something useful as well as something that could be sent  to a friend needing a little encouragement.

The card is a  5X7" brown card stock base with the cream  card stock  measuring 41/2 X 6 1/2".  I coloured the stamp with Premium pencils, added the gold trim brown ribbon, then stamped the Faith wording below the ribbon with a Memento black ink pad.  The slit for the bookmark was made at the top and the bottom  of the brown ribbon which hides nicely when the bookmark is removed. I stamped the same greeting under the bookmark so when it is removed the card still contains the words of encouragement.  The book Mark background is 2" X 6" and the cream overlay  measures 1 1/2" X 5 1/2".  I stamped only a corner of the butterfly stamp to enhance the bookmark, giving it a little colour .
After slipping the bookmark in place I added the little bow as an added embellishment to give a finished touch.  I hope this inspires you to create your bookmark keepsake for someone special.

Blessings!




3 comments:

  1. The bookmark looks wonderful tucked into your card. Thanks for playing along with the ODBD WCMD Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and bookmark! I love how you colored the butterflies....gorgeous colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for your kind remarks. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by.

Thank you for dropping by.
I trust you enjoyed viewing what I have been up to lately....Have a Blessed day!