Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Decorative doily edge card


              The Following are invitations I created for our church ladies group for May.
I love the lacy look of this design.  If I remember correctly the inspiration for this card came from a site by card-making-magic which I found on You Tube.  Check out the many other  videos uploaded from card-making magic.There you will find many beautiful creations made with Spellbinder products!! 


This is the Mom's Day invitation card for this month's Women Of Worth meeting.  Each month I design a different invitation for the ladies as my contribution.  I usually adhere the details (speaker, etc) with a removable tape on the inside of each card  and ask the ladies to recycle the invitations by adding a personal note and  use it as a greeting card to a friend or relative.

The Mother's Day stamp was from Michael's.I found the Violet stamp pad colour around the edge andfor the stamped lettering enhanced the card.

I added this frame from Cricut Cartridge sized at 3"

Finished card/invitation..Enjoy!


1. Cut  Pink (8 1/2 X 11") card stock to measure  8 1/2 X 10 1/2" .  
2. Cut diagonally (Right to left) from the top right corner 10 1/2  
    down to 4"on left  side of paper's edge.
3. Score card stock at 3" and 7 1/2"
4. Punch decorative edge along the diagonal edge
5. Fold in a mountain valley fold as shown.  
6. Decorate as you desire.

The butterflies were chosen from Close To My Heart Cricut Cartridge 
and cut using  1" setting with 5 depth and 4 speed.
and the floral edge was a Martha Stewart border punch.
Here I dressed the card for a greeting card I will use for
Mother's Day this year.  The butterflies are from a Martha Stewart punch.
The flowers and leaf branches are from the CTMH Cricut cartridge with the centre
flower cut 1/4"   smaller than the base flower.  The pearl in the larger flower was
 coloured to match the mauve using a Bic Marker. The double bow accents the 
circle punch and the Close To My Heart stamp (I Love You).  
The larger flower measures 1 1/2" (centre 1 1/4")  small flowers 1"and centre 3/4"


Enjoy your creativity with this design.  Leave a comment or any questions you might have. and I will do my best to answer them.  Blessings on your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.

Thank you for dropping by.
I trust you enjoyed viewing what I have been up to lately....Have a Blessed day!